When I turned 4 years old in February of 1974, I received the following gifts:
- brown slacks from my grandpa Kurt and grandma Alberta Leucht
- three Lego (R) cars from the Roemer family
- two night lights from my Uncle Roy and Aunt Evelyn Turner
- a five dollar bill from my grandma Mary Sherer
- a truck and cars from my aunt Kay, actually she’s my cousin
- a gun, holster, and mask from my aunt Jackie, actually she’s also my cousin
- a truck, pony trailer, and cake from my parents
- four pennies and a card from Annabelle
- candy and a dime and some gum from Mrs Kelley
- the game Cootie (R) from the Harris family
- and a card from Linda (possibly Miss Kreps?)
Why do I know all this? Because my mom wrote it all down, of course!
This trip down memory lane was brought to you by my mom … with a little help from First Security Bank of Mackinaw Illinois! Whose slogan was apparently “The sign of a good bank, with time for you”, which makes absolutely no sense! 🙂
Thanks for your interest!